Sunday, May 27, 2007

Bird Watching


I love nature in general, but lately have I have been doing a lot more bird watching. Living in Florida gives me plenty of birds to view. Right now we have a pair of Burrowing Owls living in an old Gopher tortoise burrow. It is so cool to see these tiny owls. I keep the feeders full and make my own Woodpecker bars to keep all the birds coming back. This year we have seen so many different birds at the feeder it has been amazing. We also have a bird bath set away from the feeders that attracts the birds too.

We have our normal visitors such as, a family of Cardinals, Carolina Wrens, Blue Jays, Morning Dove, Brown Thrasher, Eurasian Collared Dove and Red Belly Woodpeckers. On top of those we have had some Indigo Buntings, Rose Breasted Grosbeaks, Tufted Titmouse and Downey Woodpeckers. Every once in awhile we are lucky enough to see a Ruby Throated Hummingbird too!! I was just awestruck the first time I saw one!

I will post some of the recipes I have for home made suet cakes and what I find works best in my feeders in another post.


No comments: